Skip to main content

7 years

Today is our wedding anniversary. Cant believe its been 7 years already.






We've done a lot in that time. It definitely hasn't all been easy, but thats not what a marriage is. It takes work and commitment.

We've had a lot of great times, and not so great times. But im definitely looking forward to a lot of great times ahead and as we are growing as a family, our marriage is also changing and growing.

One of Matt's greatest qualities is his caring nature. He is always ready and willing to look after me when I am sick, in general I think he always wants to take care of me and our family, everything he does is because he wants to provide the best for us.

He is a great father, as I knew he would be, and as a husband he has been amazing over this journey of having our first child. Through my pregnancy he looked after me, drove me to work most days even though it meant going out of his way, dealt with my pregnancy cravings and freak-outs about money, labour, etc etc..(all those things that pregnant women worry about). When Cadell was born he was an incredible support for me through labour and then afterwards while I struggled with new motherhood. He can be extremely long-suffering ( all though I tell him to express when he is frustrated otherwise it all comes out at once!) and managed to suffer through a lot of hormone/sleep-deprived/pain induced behaviour over those first few weeks of Cadell's early life.

I do not probably appreciate him as much as I should, and I want to work on that during the next stages of our life together. I know with young children often the marriage can get forgotten about, and I don't want that for us. As we are wanting to grow our family in the next year or so I know we need to prioritise to make time for our relationship. I want our children to see how much their mummy and daddy love each other as well as how much we love them.

Our life is a great life, and I am looking forward to many many more years together, growing our beautiful family and whatever our little family ends up doing, I just want us to be doing whatever it is,



Together.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3d scan pictures

At 36 weeks we got a 3d/4d scan done, it was amazing to see the detail!

Bethan's Birth story

In the week or so leading up to Bethan's due date I had been having a lot of painful braxton hicks which we thought may have been the start of labour, but unfortunately did not eventuate. On Friday the 20th March I had my 40+2 appointment, where they did a stretch and sweep and the Dr said he thought I would go into labour that night or the next day as I was 3 cm dilated already, my waters were bulging and everything was looking favourable. I had some contractions Saturday morning but they fizzled out. Then on the Monday I had more contractions and bub wasn't moving as much so we went in to be monitored. She had a few decelerations but everything was fine in the end. They did another stretch and sweep and I had to go back in the morning for my 41 week appointment. They booked my induction for Friday 27th and I was to ring at 6 am to find out when to go in. I rang and was told there was no beds and they would ring again in the afternoon to let me know. In the afternoon they

Project 365 Week 2 Days 8-14

Project 365 Week 2  Liam has not been sleeping well, but with this smiley pixie face all is forgiven quickly…! Jan 8 Brotherly Love…Jan 9  New Outfit from Auntie Chris and Uncle Clive Jan 10. The best things to come out of 2013. Jan 11  In the wars. Jan 12 Sitting at the top of the front stairs. Jan 13 My boys! Jan 14.